bluetooth issue

Hi.

I had a TomTom Go 700, but it was defective, and the guy selling it didn't have another, so he offered a Go 510 for the same price.

I also have a Cingular 8125 pocket PC.

The 8125 worked just fine with the Go 700 in terms of the hands-free option, which I loved.

For some reason, the Go 510 will not work with my 8125. Whenever I try to connect the 2, I get an "okay"-type message that everything looks kosher, but when I try to use the phone functions on the TomTom, I get a message saying that "this is not supported." The only thing that seems to work is it recognizes my data package such as internet, etc, which I don't care about. I just want to use the TomTom for phone calls on the road.

TomTom's tech support seems to be useless.

I've looked around the web to see what the problem is, and I found one other person with a similar issue on another site, but nobody replied.

Here's my question: Does the Go 510 truly not work with the 8125? My 8125 recognizes the Go 510, and it even says on the screen, "for hands-free use." Why is it that this won't work? Is there any way around this? I thought that I'd read something about manually installing my 8125, but I cannot find out how to do that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I would think that if the 700 worked, then the 510 would too.

Thanks,

S C O T T

Thanks. I d/l it, and I have the same problem. Actually, after I say "no" when the 510 asks to retry a connection, I get a message saying that my phone is discoverable or something to that effect, but then it says that the data part is discoverable. Why would the 510 accept the data part of the phone but not just the simple hands-free part of the phone? Even on my 8125, it says, "hands free TomTom 510" on the bluetooth screen. I'm wondering if this is normal or if my 510 is defective.

Any feedback?

Thanks,

S C O T T

I can't get my TomTom 510 to work properly with my Motorola PEBL phone with Bluetooth. My Motorola H700 headset works fine with the PEBL, which isn't too surprising, but my Garmin Nuvi also works great with it.

My conclusion is that the Bluetooth implementation on the 510 isn't quite right.

Don

Ask a Question