GO730 Nokia E71 Bluetooth issue

Handsfree worked well for over 6 months. Current problem may post-date last 2 Application updates.Now on 8.351. Phone shows connected. TT shows 'connected to [my E71]', intermittently, but icon, bottom left has the X. TT will receive calls. Calls made on E71 are transferred to TT. TT just won't call out; the top right hand corner will show a blue triangle and a message 'not connected to [my E71]'. When not trying to call out, and message 'connected to [my E71]' is displayed, intermittently, this causes the phone icon to flash, sometimes all icons & road names flash, sometimes entire screen flashes, and, sometimes, all roads, POI's, icons, and road names disappear from map, leaving just a basic, background map showing contours of land and water. Disconnecting Bluetooth on E71, causes TT screen immediately to return to normal. TT CS are being very helpful, online, but, so far, haven't been able to fix problem. I suspect it's a problem with the Application. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be very grateful, as I need a handsfree device, as it's against the law to use a phone, in a car, here, which was one of the reasons why I chose this model of TT. Y

When it comes to phones, I'm out of my element......

But.......look at this thread from another forum and one poster seemed to resolve his issue with a similar phone near the end of the thread.

Hi dhn,

Perhaps you meant me. Well after working 3 times last night, using the manual bluetooth connect trick, as of today it no longer works. So now I'm checking into downgrading the software to 8.302.

Do you remember just what I'm missing by going back to 8.302 from 8.351?

Yeah, just saw your post at gpsreview.net. :)

Um...think 8.350 brought back the fm brodcast of nav instructions. If you don't need that, then I suppose no loss and a gain to revert.

Well, that's a shame. I did want to use that. But I need handsfree and traffic more. Then I don't need an SD card either. Too bad I upgraded that too.

OK, first test using 8.302 worked. But that happened last night too. Check again tomorrow. Funny thing though. If I check version on the TT screen it shows 8.302, but if I check version from Home, it shows 7.481. Can't figure that out. Pin reset twice and rebooted 3 times. no change.

Fixed by downgrading

This issue was resolved with the E71 by downgrading from v8.51 to 8.320. Y

Momcat1 - I know you've been trying downgrades forever, but if you're interested in 8.320 (a different navcore version that is only for the WORK professional line), you can download it here.

Momcat1 - I know you've been trying downgrades forever, but if you're interested in 8.320 (a different navcore version that is only for the WORK professional line), you can download it here.

Before I start the process again, do you know anyone who has it, how did it work, quirks to look out for, etc?

Oh, and if it's for the professional line, will that affect me as an individual user?

Yeah, just saw your post at gpsreview.net. :)

Um...think 8.350 brought back the fm brodcast of nav instructions. If you don't need that, then I suppose no loss and a gain to revert.

BTW, after a complete wipe and reinstall of 8.302, the FM broadcast does work. Dunno why it just does.

Most people used 8.320 to workaround stuttering back before 8.302 was released.

No one really posted much about bluetooth issues with that, so I'm not sure if it's worth your time.

It is unfortunate how 8.302 seemed to help everyone except you.

Ask a Question