Bluetooth Connection " Going Crazy "

Discussion in 'Bluetooth/Phone Connectivity' started by ajnitti, Feb 23, 2007.

1. ajnitti

ajnitti

TomTom Model(s):
    Tom Tom One New Edition + 2.0 GB SD Card / Tom Tom Go 720 + 4.0 GB SD Card
    Assistance needed. Going crazy about to smash my cell phone. I just bought a samsung sch-a870 verizon cell phone with bluetooth so i can use the plus acount services. Tom Tom one finds and recognizes the cell and the cell recognizes the tom tom one, but when i put in the password and try to pair them both connection fails or the connection gets completed and then my cell phone will restart. The tom tom has two verizon options for provider verizon ( QNC ) or (Expr..) which one do i pick. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ajnitti, Feb 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. ajnitti

Pedro2NR

TomTom Model(s):
    GO 910, ONE V2, GO 920 GO 730 & iPad TT App
    Im not sure which one to pick, I dont have Verizon.
    Try both until you get it paired correctly

Maybe a Verizon user can shine some light.

Pedro2NR, Feb 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. ajnitti

berkisho

TomTom Model(s):
    Try this...

Does the phone have Verizon Broadband service enabled? I believe this is a prerequisite...

Do NOT use the preconfigured Verizon services on the TT, configure both ther service and phone manually...

When configuring data services on your Gox10, select other for phone and service so that you may configure the service manually...

Enter the following parameters:
    Access Point name: vzw3g
    Username: mobile#@vzw3g.com (mobile# is your cell phone #)
    Password: vzw
    Dialup #: Accept Default
    use DHCP-auto and DNS-auto
    left blank for Logon Script

Hope this does the trick...

Also note: you may have to go to the Bluetooth config. on the your TT, click advanced, then done....you will be presented w/ an option as to weather your phone can switch between data and voice gracefully. TT recommends selecting yes, my experience w/ my LG VX8100 is no, the phone does NOT switch gracefully and the phone needs to be "rebooted" by remcving and replacing the battery.

I would check w/ the phone manufacturer as to what the expected behaviour is w/ your phone - most of Verizon tech support is useless and will just give you the party line "that it does not work"

berkisho, Feb 24, 2007
  4. ajnitti

fanchee

TomTom Model(s):
    XXL 335S
    I have Cingular, and there were 2 choices like you said when I paired. I was only successful after trying them both, the second one did the trick. Hope you get it working!

fanchee, Feb 24, 2007
  5. ajnitti

ajnitti

TomTom Model(s):
    Tom Tom One New Edition + 2.0 GB SD Card / Tom Tom Go 720 + 4.0 GB SD Card
    I tryed everything they both find each other and get paired then connection fails. I have mobile web on the phone with bluetooth. Tom Tom advised me that all the Tom Tom products at this time due not work with verizon wireless. Strangley I heard of people who got both products to work. Does anyone have verizon wireless and the ability to connect both products and if so, please help.

ajnitti, Feb 24, 2007
  6. ajnitti

berkisho

TomTom Model(s):
    Verizon Mobile web wont work, you need Verizon Broadband access...

berkisho, Feb 24, 2007
  7. ajnitti

kalex

i need to enable DUN on your phone. legal way is to get broadband service and pay vzw $60 a month for it. otherway invovles little hacking. checkout samsung forum on howardforums.com

Alex

kalex, Feb 26, 2007
  8. ajnitti

Skizza

TomTom Model(s):
    510 software 6.52
    Had same problem with Verizon Motorola Q. Firmware update killed DUN hack so I had to shell out the $15 per month for Broadband access. Once hack your DUN settings or pay for Broadband access, follow berkisho's steps, what u want to select is Verizon QNC.

Skizza, Feb 27, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question