Blue Tooth problem

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 1st edition
I have a rider 1st edition, I have tried 2 different head sets with it to pair for voice directions, one is the recommended scala rider, the other Avantalk, both seam to pair right away, but says on screen of tom tom needs more information, then after 15 seconds or so, it says not connected. I did hook the gps up to tom tom home and update the software. Anyone have any ideas
Thanx

In the pairing process, are you being asked for the password? Just that I'm not clear about what the "more information" might be.

In the pairing process, are you being asked for the password? Just that I'm not clear about what the "more information" might be.

Yes it did ask for pass word, which I used 0000 as instructed. After the scala appeared to be pairing. On the tomtom screen it showed scala rider, and under that it said updating options , 10 seconds later it says not connected. That's it..i have the rider 1st edition,, the early version, I believe, I'm wondering if the blue tooth connection code is different than the newer one, the 2nd edition
I bought the scala rider head set off a seller on eBay, it was advertised as working with both the older version 1 and the newer one, the seller did send me a replacement, which doesn't work either, that is as much as I can tell you..Thanx for you response Dan

We've seen good results with that combination, so no ideas here. I'm hoping a Rider fan or two will pop in to advise since it's a popular headset for this unit.

Ask a Question