Best Way to Display Altitude

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 530 S
Newbie to TT. I just received a new TT XXL 530 S GPS. Nice unit love the huge display. Should work well on my motorcycle. Ram Mount is en-route. One feature is missing that I like quite a bit is a readout of the current altitude. I ride in the mountains quite a bit and I like to know the elevation.

Question:
What is the best method for adding altitude to the TT?

I am not sure I need all the features of something like Tripmaster but if that's the best way to get an altitude reading then so be it. I heard that there are "side-effects" with Tripmaster (like slower tracking, freezing, and reboots when charting a new target) and did not want to go that route if I didn't have to.

Any advice in this area would be greatly appreciated!

John

Tomtom (unlike Garmin) does not have an altitide function natively. Only 3rd party apps such as Tripmaster allow for that.

Realize that NO application is going to give you dead on accurate altitude, just so you know.

I am not sure I need all the features of something like Tripmaster but if that's the best way to get an altitude reading then so be it.

John
I've had good luck with the Webazar products. However, for what you're wanting to do, you might want to consider OffRoadNavigator instead. Nowhere near as many bells and whistles to eat up your CPU cycles.

Good catch, Mike. I hadn't noted that his Version 13 came out last month, and per his page, it looks like he has it working with the more recent navcores (9) again. Thanks for pointing that one out.

Ask a Question