Best GPS receiver for TomTom for Palm?

I have the standard 12 channel GPS receiver that ships with the old Navigator 5. I often see newer 20 and 32 channel devices that advertise a SIRF III technology that it supposed to be more accurate and have faster acquistion times. Any advice on a good unit to upgrade to and what your experiences are between the older model and the newer ones?

I just purchased the Holux GPSlim 236 as a bundle with TTNav6 ($189) for my Treo 700P

The unit takes about 3 minutes from startup (GPS Rec & Nav6 sw) to be up and running, to me thats not bad at all.

Other than the unit using a mini-usb connector for the power its a nice compact little unit which even WORKS INDOORS!

I plan to find a mini-usb cord so I can use a voltage regulator and "hardwire" the cord in m van so all is need is to stick the gps reciever over the mirror with velcro and plug it in.

Ask a Question