Tomtom go 740 Live wins best gps device...

CNET at CES in vegas run the BEST OF...awards.

For the gps category they were up against a garmin and another maker.

They won.

But lost out to palm for the best of show award. Tried ask the TT reps about new NA maps but they were a little busy... LOL

CNET at CES in vegas run the BEST OF...awards.

For the gps category they were up against a garmin and another maker.

They won.

But lost out to palm for the best of show award. Tried ask the TT reps about new NA maps but they were a little busy... LOL

Was this award for best announced feature set according to their press release, or for best real world function? :D Did it come with firmware 8.3? 8.32? Something else?

Thanks dhn. I haven't been able to find much technical info about the 740 on the TomTom site, or anything about availability and pricing. Is there a good source you could point me to?

I'm assuming you'd have to get a separate cellular account for the 740, but I've been wrong before.

Damn, the problem is that I have to wait till April. My TMC traffic just expired on my 920T and I hate to pay for a full year just to change in April. Wonder if TomTom will give me a 4 month update for about $25? Would be nice:D

Ask a Question