Battery status discrepancies

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 'New Edition'
I seem to see a varying battery status depending on where I am viewing it from. If I am using Home and am operating the TT through that software, I see one status (meaning charged level). If I disconnect from Home and view immediately on the TT itself while still attached to the USB cable and computer, I see a different status. If I detach from the USB completely and run off of the internal battery, then view, it's different again.

Do these batteries have a memory (like NiCads did) and does the charging source cause that much of a variance with the battery level indicator?

Thanks for any info.

BTW - I have never seen a full charge on my TT battery indicator, which is kinda why I'm asking all of this.

I seem to see a varying battery status depending on where I am viewing it from. If I am using Home and am operating the TT through that software, I see one status (meaning charged level). If I disconnect from Home and view immediately on the TT itself while still attached to the USB cable and computer, I see a different status. If I detach from the USB completely and run off of the internal battery, then view, it's different again.

Do these batteries have a memory (like NiCads did) and does the charging source cause that much of a variance with the battery level indicator?

Thanks for any info.

BTW - I have never seen a full charge on my TT battery indicator, which is kinda why I'm asking all of this.

Using the Operate My Go function in TTHome, I see the word **demo** up in the same corner as the battery indicator is. I suspect you take the TThome battery signal AND the satellite bars with a grain of salt.

Mine, while charging, has a roaming battery level. What this seems to me is that it is telling me that it is in the process of charging the TT. It will slowly go up to full, then back down to the current charged level.

dhn,

I don't recall seeing demo there, so next time I'll look.(Gosh, I really wish they'd make a Linux version of Home) For the time being, though, I'll pretend like it's for display only.

Thanks

On my One XL if connected to PC using the USB cable the battery level shows "CHARGING" until the level is fully charged ,then the CHARGING comes and goes like a trickle charge to keep the battery level on full. When I run TT Home the battery level shows fully charged then the level will drop down to half then the CHARGING comes back on and takes the level back to full.....

Ask a Question