backup

Hi all, I saw there was a updated software so went ahead... what the heck, must be better!!!! well it seamed to have went well but right after update I went for a ride and strange things were happening that I didn't like. SO back to the computer to reinstall the original backup that is the first thing you should do... and I did it, thought it went well but now I can't locate it. does anyone know the file name so I can do a search for it or is there many files involved? I did make a backup before I did the update but when I do a restore on that file it only takes a split second??? does it take that short of time... I don't think it happened!!
I would like to put it back to the way I got it...Its most likley me

Sorry to get so wordee
Thanks

When you launch HOME, go to TomTomHOME->preferences, and choose the advanced tab. Here you should be able to see the path to your backups. Hope this helps!

Thanks Fanchee.... Had to be one of the fastest replys I ever had..
OK found the files I think its "backup 01" now I know where it is. but when I go to restore id does no appear in the like of older backups or anywhere else that I can find... I must be thinking about it wrong. I do have the latest backup listed but don't want that one..
It should be a little more straight forward than this but I can be a little dence now and then.

Thanks for the help

I use a program called Total Commander. Just drag from one side (it sees the TomTom as a removable disk), and drop to the other side (a folder on your hard drive). Piece of cake. Have to set it to see all hidden & system files, otherwise you can get into trouble.

I keep the original SD, transfer everything to a 2G SD - play with it thru a card reader.
If I got into trouble, just pop the original back to boot up my TomTom.
Even with all the precautions, I found that the original SD stopped working one day (maybe due to the GPS Quick fix firmware upgrade ?). Lucky I have a few more backups on my hard drive.

I don't trust TomTom Home , use it only when I have to.

Last edited:
I use a program called Total Commander. Just drag from one side (it sees the TomTom as a removable disk), and drop to the other side (a folder on your hard drive). Piece of cake. Have to set it to see all hidden & system files, otherwise you can get into trouble.

I don't trust TomTom Home , use it only when I have to.

a firmware update will inevitably "remedy" that...

Ask a Question