backup new 130 on windows explorer

TomTom Model(s)
XL 330S
I learned in this forum that I should backup the tomtom 130 I just bought using windows explorer and not do it on the tomtom home program. If this is correct, how is it done. I have never used this method. I got as far as openiing windows explorer. Should I first go to tomtom Home and download that software first? Please explain.

Start up Windows Explorer on your computer then plug the TomTom in to the PC with it switched on, it will ask about connecting to the computer, answer YES.

You will see another drive letter appear with a TomTom icon next to it, click this to open the drive letter associated with the device, in the right hand window of Explorer will be all the files and folders listed, simply scoop these up with the mouse so they are all highlighted, put the mouse of any of the files/ folders that are highlighted then right click and select "Copy"

Right click on your computer desktop and select New/ Folder name it TomTom_BackUp _12_03_10 right click on this new folder and select "Paste" this will copy the contents from the TomTom to the folder on your PC - Mike

Ask a Question