Backspace without erasing possible?

On my TT13e, sometimes when inserting text (e.g., when naming a newly created POI), after I've typed in 6 or 7 letters of a long word, I notice that I hit the wrong key near the beginning of the word (e.g. NcDonal...). I want to be able to move the cursor back to the first N and replace it with an M. On a PC keyboard, this is accomplished my pressing the left arrow key the appropriate number of times, then backspacing or erasing to erase the erroneously entered letter, retype it, etc. Right now, with the TT1, I have to backspace all the way to the beginning, and this of course erases all the letters and requires a whole new entry.
Any help here, other than "enter the correct key"? lol
Thanks.

I would a firmwire fix to this as well. I do plenty of editing on the TomTom itself and it is time consuming.

I just wish the use your TomTom through TT Home option would allow you to use UPPER case... That's my gripe -- I'd like to use it to set up new favorites.

When I first got my TT one LE the keyboard was on the screen using TT home. With one of the updates it vanised. I miss it.

When I first got my TT one LE the keyboard was on the screen using TT home. With one of the updates it vanised. I miss it.

Yeah, I haven't been able to use it either... It keeps saying it needs to download some file from TomTom to use that feature, but it cannot download the file...

Ask a Question