automatic day/nite software

I don't see it on my GO 920 either, just manual.

Your 920 has a light sensor that will automatically have your TomTom change from day to night colors when it detects the low light. The settings is there. I don't have my TomTom with me but I think you can find it under "Brightness Settings".

Your 920 has a light sensor that will automatically have your TomTom change from day to night colors when it detects the low light. The settings is there. I don't have my TomTom with me but I think you can find it under "Brightness Settings".
Thanks, I didn't noticed that setting since it's only visible when the TT is NOT connected to my computer. It's greyed out when connected. Wonder's never cease. I usually don't go through the commands when driving. I just now put the TT over the top.

will381796 - is correct in the brightness preferences you have two options you can check just one or both. option 1. turn brighness down when dark and option 2. switch to night view when dark.

Last edited:
beat me to it - works but is real PITA and annoying during those "in between" times where it can not make up it's mind

day/night switches

Just getting used to my new 920. I loved the way my 910 adjusted with the light sensor, by the new 920 goes to night far too soon, or with too much ambient light. I wonder if there is any way to adjust the light level, so it would have to get really dark before it switches to the night screen?
Andy

It does go to dark too soon or it stays dark for too long.
It can be fix with a firmwire or it may be a design problem. The x10 range had the light sensor on top of the device where this one is in front.

SShadow:
Using "Cleanup.txt" (daemon|suntime/suntime|)--without () switches day/nite
automatically. If I understood your last staement.

You'd think that the day/night switch should be a software adjustable feature. There must be something that the light sensor notifies to make the switch. If only I knew what to change. I just want it to be darker before it goes to night mode.
Maybe I will ask TonTom support.
Andy

Ask a Question