automatic day/nite settings

I recently noticed that my GO 910 does not automatically change from day to night anymore. I went through and made sure that I had it enabled in both docking preferences and under change preferences. I even did a factory reset on it and it didn't help. You guy got any other ideas?

Make sure nothing is blocking the light sensor, secondly check if the unit is properly docked. Remember that if you are using the suction cup the unit will always have a tendency to vibrate causing a loose connection between unit and docking station. I never had this problem any more since I switched to the RAM cradle which totally eliminates vibration.

connect to HOME.
turn on virtual tomtom. switch back and forth between night and day modes.
Leave it on day mode. Disonnect tomtom and fire it up. make sure the mount is always attach to the unit.

There were a lot of posts earlier about this same issue and then the frequency diminished. I do not know that anyone ever got a true cause but my friend Pedro has given a solution that seems to work for everyone. I have also tried turning the colors to day under preferences (assuming it is daytime) and then under brightness preferences marking the section use night colors. This also seems to work SOMETIMES when I am not near the computer.

Thanks guys, I found out that I had a bad connection to the suction cup cradle. The factory cradle is junk! Zerimar, where did you get your no vibration cradle at?

where did you get your no vibration cradle at?

The cradle is a RAM mount which I learned about it from Pedro2NR's thread https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=1818&highlight=RAM+mount. I purchased it via on-line retailer from the US. Here is also a tread with my setup. https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=2604. I've changed my setup and moved the cradle to the center console just above the Radio/On-board computer's monitor. I still need to modify some things and then I'll post photos in the "show off" thread.

Ask a Question