Auto-zoom like the Mio?

My friend has the Mio. When inbetween intersections, his map auto-zooms out to show a larger area surrounding you. As you approach the next intersection the map then auto-zooms in to show a closer view of the upcoming intersection. I LOVE this feature.

I tried to duplicate it by manually zooming out, but within 30 seconds it zooms back in to it's standard zoom level. If you choose to zoom out, why won't it stay there since you chose to do so?

Anyone else like this and know how to contact TomTom to request this feature?

Although I like the TomTom UI better overall, the Mio's 3D map is much better looking. It shows greater detail than my TomTom.

You can turn off auto zoom and it'll stay at the zoom level you set. I have a Lowrance Iway and it's auto zoom works like your Mio. If you have 10 different units you'll find something you like about each one and something you don't. Now if we could get one manufacturer to incorporate all the features we like and leave off the ones we don't "we'd" be in goood shape.

I don't see where my TomTom ONE auto-zoom can be changed., unless you're referring to my friends Mio. But as I said, I like that feature and would like to have it on the ONE.

You can turn off auto zoom and it'll stay at the zoom level you set. I have a Lowrance Iway and it's auto zoom works like your Mio. If you have 10 different units you'll find something you like about each one and something you don't. Now if we could get one manufacturer to incorporate all the features we like and leave off the ones we don't "we'd" be in goood shape.

Turning off auto zoom is only available on the GO series. The ONE series lacks this ability.

The ONE series does autozoom, but it isn't as obvious as some of the other GPS devices I've seen. When I'm on a highway (i.e. going a faster speed), the TomTom does zoom OUT more to give you a larger viewing area.

Being able to zoom in and LOCK the zoom is not an option on the ONE. This is built into the TomTom's operating system and cannot be changed,

Thanks Birdman. Anyone know how to suggest improvements to TomTom? I've been all over their website and they don't appear to give customers a way to communicate, which is how I found this forum since there isn't any on their site.

Ask a Question