Audio Out and Siris Radio

TomTom Model(s)
I have a TT910 and a Sirius Radio in a 2007 Toyota Camry.

The Camry has 1 1/8" audio input to plug in an accessory such as IPOD, Sirius Radio or TT Audio.

I like to listen to my Sirius Radio, my kids like to listen to the Wiggles on my TomTom's MP3, so I purchased a 1/8" Y Stereo adapter from Radio Shack.

I plugged the male end of the Y into the car, and the female ends received a connection from the SIrius Radio and TT Audio out.

My problem is, when the TT is powered on (regardless of weather I am using the MP3 player or not. Note: I have the TT configured for to use audio out ONLY for music, not for voice directions), I cannot hear the audio from the Sirius Radio?

Any one have thoughts or solutions?

Any input would be appreciated...

thank you in advance.

Last edited:
The Y-adapter is generally intended for 1 input to 2 outputs. In your case it's the other way round, you are connecting 2 inputs to 1 output. Each output generates a voltage/current and definitely one of them is overpowering the other. There is a possibiity that one of your devices will get damaged after some time if you keep on having both devices on and connected to tye Y-adapter. What you need is some sort of a sound mixer. I'm sure Radio Shack has some sort of a mini sound mixer.

Ask a Question