App 8.010 Map 710

I have TT GO 720 with the Firmware 8.010 and Map North America 2GB v710.1584. Is the best I can get? Is there a better version or am I better off staying put with what I have?

Thanks.

You're within 30 days, you can get map 815 with the latest map guarantee.

If the latest map guarantee feature of Home doesn't work (happens often), you can call the support phone # and they'll get it added on.

First, make a full backup of your unit's contents using Explorer, not Home. Ensure hidden files/folders are showing.

Now then, you have 30 days from first use to take advantage of the Latest Map Guarantee (which, at the moment is 8.15 for the 720). However, to be even offered that map using Home, Home needs to detect that you have firmware 8.3 installed on your unit. Be advised that 8.3 is buggy: it causes stuttering for computer voices for many users, there is a lag in the screen refresh when navigating for others and, for some, the real aggrevation is that firmware 8.3 drops support for navigational directions using the fm transmitter on the unit to send the directions to your fm radio speakers.

So.........a conundrum. You can't get the map you deserve unless you upgrade to firmware for which there is no fix yet. What to do? What to do? :confused:

I can only suggest what I'd do in your place for now ... NOTHING! For a couple of reasons. First, you have until about the 4th of February to pull the plug on the LMG; that's still over 2 weeks away. In the next 2 weeks there may be afix for the 8.3 firmware and/or a new map (8.20?)

So......do nothing now. Enjoy your unit. Play with it. See what you can and can't do. Come here for questions or help.

BUT....

No later than February 1st, if no firmware or map upgrade has transpired, then: 1) go for the 8.3 firmware and 2) then go for the 8.15 map. (and then make ANOTHER full Explorer backup). Don't wait till the 29th or 30th day of the 30 days. Their servers may be down, your internet may be down, who knows? But don't cut it that thin.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

Ask a Question