Any Verizon Wireless phones compatible?

I have the same issue that vandakeg mentioned...I have a Verizon BB 8830 and have unlimited data and tethering but in my set up on TT510 I have followed the instructions in this forum step by step and the phone tells me "Modem Mode Enabled" but it switches from 1XEV to 1X everytime it dials. Then the TT tells me "Unable to set up your wireless data connection"...HELLLLLLLLLLLLP!!! Thanks!

uhmm?!

i just followed davidjvs orig post, followed it step by step..it worked like a charm with* my 8703e on a 720..for weather..except my sp is bell in canada..did i just f*** myself? lol

Last edited:
No joy with this code for Verizon...

Being trying this approach for a couple of days on my Verizon Blackberry Pearl 8130 -- not sure if Verizon wised up and changed the settings, or if it has something to do with the Blackberry in particular.

Does any one have any ideas?

I posted this before and got it to work here it is again. "A" is most important and of coarse pairing is also important
A) confirm you have a data plan with verizon
B) pair the TomTom with your phone bluetooth wise
C) follow the following

1. Phone selection - other
2. Carrier selection - other
3. Access point - vzw3g
4. username - (phone number)@vzw3g.com
5. password - vzw
6. number to dial - #777 (delete what this window shows on the tomtom and put the #777in)
7.use DHCP auto
8. DNS auto
9. No scripts left blank for logon script

this should make the connection, test it to find weather information.
If you fail to make the traffic connection, you will have to call totom, and they will re-set your account (I had to do this). then all works fine.
If you have an unlimitted data plan, if is simply fantastic, much better than the antenna

The one sugestion I can make, is that do not let the tomtom update your route automatically to avoid traffic. I use it in Washington DC alot, and it simply goes crazy with updates at rush hour.

All i can say is that it is simply fantastic

I am running into the same problem. I have an 8130, unlimited data, and tether option... I have been unable to get the data setup even though the phone says "modem mode enabled". ideas?

Being trying this approach for a couple of days on my Verizon Blackberry Pearl 8130 -- not sure if Verizon wised up and changed the settings, or if it has something to do with the Blackberry in particular.

Does any one have any ideas?

TomTom Go 720 & BB 8130 (Verizon)

Thanks for the info! I've got my TT 720 and BB 8130 (Pearl) working with the TomTom Plus Services. I had to call Verizon first and get the "tethering" option added to my plan. After a quick *228 update, the devices connected without a problem.

Thanks to DAvidJVC and noreastgps on the posting of the steps. Everything worked well on my tomtom One XL S to connect to my blackberry 8130. There was one item that was crucial. Even though I had a data plan, you have to call verizon *611 and make sure that they have enabled tethering. Without that, I could not connect.
Thanks for the posts.

It's quite easy but you WILL have to put one hack on your phone. Here is the information from howardforums.

Although this is in the LG section it works with some of the other phones.

Also check out Mark Venture's site as it has a lot of good information.

Hapy hacking:D

I registered on Howardforums and still can't access the post you have linked here. What kind of special privileges must you have to access that particular post?

I posted this before and got it to work here it is again. "A" is most important and of coarse pairing is also important
C) follow the following

3. Access point - vzw3g
5. password - vzw
6. number to dial - #777 (delete what this window shows on the tomtom and put the #777in)
7.use DHCP auto
8. DNS auto

If you fail to make the traffic connection, you will have to call totom, and they will re-set your account (I had to do this). then all works fine.
If you have an unlimitted data plan, if is simply fantastic, much better than the antenna

The one sugestion I can make, is that do not let the tomtom update your route automatically to avoid traffic. I use it in Washington DC alot, and it simply goes crazy with updates at rush hour.

OK, so this might be a stupid questions but......
I have the Curve (8330) with Verizon. I tried the above without any luck. For the purpose of testing I tried to get the weather. Do I need to subscribe to the service before testing. Why pay for the service if I can't get it working. Is it not working because I didnt subscribe to the service.

OK, so this might be a stupid questions but......
I have the Curve (8330) with Verizon. I tried the above without any luck. For the purpose of testing I tried to get the weather. Do I need to subscribe to the service before testing. Why pay for the service if I can't get it working. Is it not working because I didnt subscribe to the service.

I checked on my tethered enabled phone and #777 no longer works. Verizon Wireless has apparently changed that number. The only way I get my tether feature to work on my Blackberry 8830 is to use the VZAccess program. Unfortunately, my company has Bluetooth disabled so I can't use the capability it offers anyhow.

I am on here looking because I just purchased a Blackberry Storm as my personal phone and was hoping that the elusive Verizon Wireless interface had been rectified. Guess this is not a priority with TomTom.

C) follow the following

3. Access point - vzw3g
5. password - vzw
7.use DHCP auto
8. DNS auto

This did not work for me. I have a Samsung Omnia, it is successfully bluetooth paired with my Tom. However, there is never an option for Carrier Selection. No matter what phone selection I choose, it pairs again with the Omnia.
Joey

Verizon 930/930T Question

Could anyone help me with a couple of 930/930T questions? I just bought a 930T. (Had an older TomTom that got stolen.)

I'd like to use Bluetooth and I would like to keep Verizon if possible. (I have to travel a lot and Verizon seems to offer the best reception all over.)

I've read a ton on the Internet about problems with Verizon/TomTom linkages. (I've read some posts here, especially from DAvidJVC that seem to be quite helpful, at least for the 920.) Does anyone know if this fix would work with the 930/930T?

I need to get a new phone, so if it is a really iffy proposition to use Verizon, I might break down and use another service. (Any suggestions are welcome.)

Sad to say, I am older and really trying to get tech-savvy with all this, but I am a newbie. Please be gentle...

I'd like to use Bluetooth and I would like to keep Verizon if possible. (I have to travel a lot and Verizon seems to offer the best reception all over.)

I've read a ton on the Internet about problems with Verizon/TomTom linkages. (I've read some posts here, especially from DAvidJVC that seem to be quite helpful, at least for the 920.) Does anyone know if this fix would work with the 930/930T?

I need to get a new phone, so if it is a really iffy proposition to use Verizon, I might break down and use another service. (Any suggestions are welcome.)

Sad to say, I am older and really trying to get tech-savvy with all this, but I am a newbie. Please be gentle...

Though TomTom doesn't recommend Verizon, if you stick with a phone on the official recommended phones list you shouldn't have much trouble (and TomTom Support will help you if something goes wrong). The one thing you have to remember about Verizon is that you need to subscribe to the right Verizon feature in order for it to work. If you describe it to the Verizon sales rep as connecting a laptop to the Internet using your Bluetooth-enabled phone, usually they'll understand what you need (you would use the same plan whether it was a laptop or a GPS, but the plan was designed and priced for laptops).

Though TomTom doesn't recommend Verizon, if you stick with a phone on the official recommended phones list you shouldn't have much trouble (and TomTom Support will help you if something goes wrong). The one thing you have to remember about Verizon is that you need to subscribe to the right Verizon feature in order for it to work. If you describe it to the Verizon sales rep as connecting a laptop to the Internet using your Bluetooth-enabled phone, usually they'll understand what you need (you would use the same plan whether it was a laptop or a GPS, but the plan was designed and priced for laptops).

Called Verizon. The feature is called "Tethering". It cost an additional $15 per month. Considering all the fee's I pay for Verizon service on my Blackberry I decided to pass on this option. Yet another $15 broke the camels back. Needless to say I would still need to subscribe to TomTom's service.

I checked on my tethered enabled phone and #777 no longer works. Verizon Wireless has apparently changed that number. The only way I get my tether feature to work on my Blackberry 8830 is to use the VZAccess program. Unfortunately, my company has Bluetooth disabled so I can't use the capability it offers anyhow.

I am on here looking because I just purchased a Blackberry Storm as my personal phone and was hoping that the elusive Verizon Wireless interface had been rectified. Guess this is not a priority with TomTom.

I had Verizon enable tethering but still no luck. I hae been using the #777. I thought the VZAccess program was specific to the laptop. Do you need to run VZAccess on the Blackberry? Do you have "NEW" instructions?

#777 is still the number to connect to data. I use it almost daily with my laptop.

Not all phones need the 'tethering option' from VzW. Some phones can be hacked to enable the DUN profile. Most WinMo phones can use PDANet if DUN is not enabled. I know that the last firmware update for the Treo 700w removed the need to use PDANet. My Touch Pro also doesn't seem to need it.

The problem I seem to be having with TomTom and VzW data connection is that I sometimes have to initaite the traffic option multiple times to get a connection. Even then, I have the updates set for every 2 minutes, but that doesn't seem to be occuring. Is anyone else having that issue?

I have an LG VX 1000 and tried what you listed above and it doesnt work. I left the script blank and it didn't like that. Not sure what to do. been at this all night! So sad about this.
I have the GO630 by the way.

Ask a Question