Any Verizon Wireless phones compatible?

PDA Net and motorola q

The paring part, more than likely is product specific. however the conection part seems to be universal to contect to Verizon. please keep in mind that you must have 2 parts to make it work.
A: the data plan
B: they (Verizon) must enable tethering, this is also a separate charge.

I have tried several time to get my Moto Q to work for the tomtom plus features. I can't get it to work but I don't have tethering with Verizon. I found a piece of software called PDA Net which is supposed to give one the ability to use the MotoQ as a bluetooth modem for a computer. I thought it might make the phone work with the TomTom Plus. However, it did not work. I am posting this here because there seem to be more knowledegable people here than me, maybe someone else could try it and see if there is potential there. PDA Net can be downloaded as a trial version from EverythingQ.com

joey

When I call Tomtom to have them 'reset my account', they tell me I don't have a compatible phone and that my TT unit is ready to go. Help?

I posted this before and got it to work here it is again. "A" is most important and of coarse pairing is also important
A) confirm you have a data plan with verizon
B) pair the TomTom with your phone bluetooth wise
C) follow the following

1. Phone selection - other
2. Carrier selection - other
3. Access point - vzw3g
4. username - (phone number)@vzw3g.com
5. password - vzw
6. number to dial - #777 (delete what this window shows on the tomtom and put the #777in)
7.use DHCP auto
8. DNS auto
9. No scripts left blank for logon script

this should make the connection, test it to find weather information.
If you fail to make the traffic connection, you will have to call totom, and they will re-set your account (I had to do this). then all works fine.
If you have an unlimitted data plan, if is simply fantastic, much better than the antenna

The one sugestion I can make, is that do not let the tomtom update your route automatically to avoid traffic. I use it in Washington DC alot, and it simply goes crazy with updates at rush hour.

All i can say is that it is simply fantastic

I have tried several time to get my Moto Q to work for the tomtom plus features. I can't get it to work but I don't have tethering with Verizon. I found a piece of software called PDA Net which is supposed to give one the ability to use the MotoQ as a bluetooth modem for a computer. I thought it might make the phone work with the TomTom Plus. However, it did not work. I am posting this here because there seem to be more knowledegable people here than me, maybe someone else could try it and see if there is potential there. PDA Net can be downloaded as a trial version from EverythingQ.com

joey

if you have a Verizon DATA plan (any), you must also have tethering enabled on your verizon account, by verizon.

I just got my Vzw blackberry 7103e to work with it. It took alot of reading in the forums, but it works!:D

i have a 720 coming tomorrow and being new to TT I have some questions about the plus service

I need the traffic option so I will either get the RDS-TMC antenna/RX or go with Plus

I have a Verizon BB 8703e with data plan for work and my personal Sprint service also has data but I do not currently have a BT phone.

So my question is how much data is actually used when using the plus traffic option. One of my techs with a One 3rd edition claims a 6 hour drive used almost 9 mb of data. I find this hard to believe and I imagine it would kill your cell battery fast if you stayed active that much. My verizon plan is limited to 20mb a month I believe....... Actually might be 10

My Sprint is unlimited but I don't want to get a new phone just yet as I may want to switch carriers in April when my current contract ends.

Thanks

Last edited:
so I finally called verizon to enable tethering for my wife's phone, a motorola krazr, and they quoted it at 59.99 a month! Well, so much for that idea, does it cost that much for everyone else?

I have been trying for weeks to get my Blackberry 8830 to work w/ Plus Options, but nothing seems to work.

The odd thing is, when the TomTom is setting up the wireless data, my phone shows a message saying 'Modem Mode Enabled".

Has anyone else had any luck with an 8830?

P.S. Bluetooth pairing works fine.

TreyG, how did you do it? I have that phone and the only thing I can do is get the speakerphone to work. I can't get PLUS services. Can you share? Thanks!

problems

I have a LG vx 8500, I connect the tomtom to the phone but the tomtom doesnt seem to read it. When I try to set up connect it calls the phone at 65% then stop and says unable to connect. I set it up like it was post maybe its just the phone?

Hi ..I followed all the steps in setting up my Verizon phone...for some reason the #777 does not go thru . Is there another number to use

Thanks

Got my Verizon LG VX8600 to work with my TT GO 720 today but haven't tried any plus services yet
did you have to do anything special to get things to connect?

i have the verizon lg vx8700 and cant seem to get things working at all. pre-update nothing worked, after the update i could pair the phone to the TT but the TT doesnt see the phone. when i try to connect manualy from the phone it doesnt work either...

the only feature i wanted to check was the handsfree calling so i would think that not having a data plan wouldnt effect that?

VX6700 good

just a note that my vx6700 is able to bond and provide updates for weather with my TomTom XL-S. The touch part was getting the bluetooth pairing and the connection details in this thread got the rest of it working for me.

Thanks to all!!!

Guess it might be nearing time for me to head to my Verizon Store and see what they have in phones, particularly, since they will be ending Analog Service which has been handy for my tri-mode phone for connections from more remote areas or in the mountains. Once analog is gone, I can freely pick between phones.

So what suggestions do you folks have that will work with my new TT920? I prefer phones where the screen is protected (since I toss it in my hiking pack or bicycling gear.)

Motorola Razr V3m

I'm interested in using a bluetooth phone to gain access to the traffic data so I won't need the separate antenna. It doesn't appear any phones offered from Verizon are listed on tomtom's website list of supported phones. I'm wonder if anyone here has had success with Verizon Wireless issued phones?

I have my Verizon Motorola Razr V3m working on the 920. Works great

I hope you people are all around when I get my new phone. So far I will be sticking with Verizon since I get a discount plan through work. But after shelling out for the 920, I may need a month or two to recover $$$$$!

so I finally called verizon to enable tethering for my wife's phone, a motorola krazr, and they quoted it at 59.99 a month! Well, so much for that idea, does it cost that much for everyone else?

And THAT'S the problem, the carriers charge an arm and a leg because they think your going to take HUGE amounts of data.

Your only options is to hack your phone. See Marks site.

Help

I want to try out the settings outlined in the first post of this thread but I can't find where I can manually set this up. I've been poking around in the settings on the TomTom for 20 minutes.....

TIA

Ask a Question