Advanced Lane Guidance GO730

Hi,
Has anyone successfully got Advanced Lane Guidance working on a Tomtom GO 730 in Canada?
(If so, what route could i key in to try it)

Thanks
Michael

I've only had my 730 for a little while (and new to GPS's) and have not seen any images yet. Driving around London Ontario, I've heard the odd "turn... then stay in left lane, and turn..." type of thing. Is that Lane Guidance working or is that a standard TT thing?

I've only had my 730 for a little while (and new to GPS's) and have not seen any images yet. Driving around London Ontario, I've heard the odd "turn... then stay in left lane, and turn..." type of thing. Is that Lane Guidance working or is that a standard TT thing?

No, ALG is a visual, not the audio cue. What you are experiencing is standard text to speech stuff.

No, ALG is a visual, not the audio cue. What you are experiencing is standard text to speech stuff.

As dhn stated, ALG (advanced lane guidance) is a visual help - not verbal. See attachment below for an image of what ALG should look like. It's shown as a number of lanes in the lower left of the screen with which lane you should take. Here's a link to a flash video of how it works:

http://www.tomtom.com/page/lane-guidance

Attachments

• ALG.jpg
    ALG.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 414
Sorry I don't live in canada but you can try it by preparing a route from orlando florida, use 515 w kaley st orlando and choose disney (magic kingdom) as your destination. View the demo and you will see ALG appear a couple of times. HTH:D

Thanks.
Its really strange i plotted that route to Disney Land, and i've also tried other US routes and it has worked. However, i have yet to see it work in Canada. (in particular along the 401, and the Gardiner) <-- aren't these considered multi-lane highways?

Ask a Question