Adding file to the device from computer

I installed a new map and all my favs disappeared. I followed the excellent instructions on this forum and have now got a file _fav.ov2 in my backup on my computer with all my favs on it. I cannot work out how to transfer this file to the device. If I "restore backup" it will destroy my new map, so how do I do it?

Thanks

I've managed to add the file to the device. (ONE XL). However, it is a bit difficult to operate. I click on Nav to POI and get multi choices: near you, on route etc etc. I clicked on a few and finally came to my new file which seemed to contain lots of extraneous material such as addresses for the actual fav name so I went back and deleted all except the fav name then uploaded it again. The names are not in alphabetical order but in distances. All in all, what a rigmarole for what should be a simple thing.

Is there any other way to sort things out?

Thanks

Download POIEdit from PoiEdit - Main and install it to your PC, you can now use this program to open and edit the ov2 Custom POI file.

If you created the file in the first place by simply opening the MapSettings.cfg and saving as an ov2 file it will contain your Home location as well as some of the places you last visited - Mike

Thanks Mike

All that making favorites into POIs became too complicated for me so I just replaced the MapSettings.cfg file and all is well. As long as I keep it backed up I don't see a problem as the next time I get a new map I can just replace the file again.

Ask a Question