Add new road on 730

TomTom Model(s)
Hi,
Is it possible to add new road ? Near where I live is a new devellopement and I want to add the road. Is it possible to drive on the road and then tell my GPS that this road exist and the write the name of the new road ?

I hope I'm clear enough.

Thanks

Good question. I'm a new TomTom user and with my brief searches, couldn't come up with an answer to that same question.

There is a new highway near my town (Red Hill Expressway, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada) and it's not on my map even though I checked with my "Latest Map Guarantee". This obviously would change a LOT of "navigate to" functions. When I currently drive on it, it shows me in the middle of a green area - ie: not on the highway.

I wouldn't mind knowing as well, if there is a function where you can push "Add Road Start", then drive along the road, then push "Add Road Stop", and then finally a have a box pop up asking to name (Red Hill Expressway), classify (Highway), and add restrictions (Speed: 90km/h Direction:Two-Way).

With this, you could add this as a possible path when searching for a path.

~

Any way, yeah ... any one know if there is a way actually to do this? Seems a pretty logical feature, no?

Thanks!

There is a new highway near my town (Red Hill Expressway, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada) and it's not on my map even though I checked with my "Latest Map Guarantee". This obviously would change a LOT of "navigate to" functions. When I currently drive on it, it shows me in the middle of a green area - ie: not on the highway.

It is frustrating when a major thoroughfare is absent from the latest maps :mad: .

And although you can't use the TT Map Corrections (Main Menu 2 of 3) to add new streets. It might make you feel better ;) if you inform Tele Atlas here:

http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com/mapfeedback/index.php

Hey, thanks for the reply. I've actually looked at that site before and the new highway is already present on their system there on the site. It just doesn't appear in my 920. I just purchased it this past Sunday and tried to use the "Latest Map Guarantee" card that's inside the box with the code to get to the latest 720 maps (The ones in the GPS now are still the 710's) .. but the TomTom Home software claims that I already have the "latest maps".

This is strange because when I go to the "Add Maps" section in the software, it shows that the "North America" and "Western and Central Europe" maps are available at the 720 version. Again, I only have version 710.

So considering it's not letting me update the map, I was hoping I could somehow add the road myself. Technically, it's the only MAJOR road that's missing - so far that I've noticed - but it's a pretty important road.

Kind of sucks that I can't update to the latest maps also because I'll be traveling to Europe in just over a week. Wouldn't mind having the latest maps for that too.

But again, the "Latest Map Guarantee" isn't functioning or something. I don't know. But oh well. Thanks for the help.

I guess if anyone can tell me why the "Latest Map Guarantee" doesn't work, that'd be great. I assume the 720 versions have that road.

Thanks!

Hey, thanks for the reply. I've actually looked at that site before and the new highway is already present on their system there on the site. It just doesn't appear in my 920. I just purchased it this past Sunday and tried to use the "Latest Map Guarantee" card that's inside the box with the code to get to the latest 720 maps (The ones in the GPS now are still the 710's) .. but the TomTom Home software claims that I already have the "latest maps".

This is strange because when I go to the "Add Maps" section in the software, it shows that the "North America" and "Western and Central Europe" maps are available at the 720 version. Again, I only have version 710.

So considering it's not letting me update the map, I was hoping I could somehow add the road myself. Technically, it's the only MAJOR road that's missing - so far that I've noticed - but it's a pretty important road.

Kind of sucks that I can't update to the latest maps also because I'll be traveling to Europe in just over a week. Wouldn't mind having the latest maps for that too.

But again, the "Latest Map Guarantee" isn't functioning or something. I don't know. But oh well. Thanks for the help.

I guess if anyone can tell me why the "Latest Map Guarantee" doesn't work, that'd be great. I assume the 720 versions have that road.

Thanks!

As was suggested, call customer support and be aware that you ARE entitled to both the 720 NA map AND the 720 European map. Be firm if they tell you that the guarantee is only for NA. Tell them people in this forum are getting both (though a hassle for many) and European 920 owners are getting both European AND NA maps.

You paid premium $$ for a 920 over a 720, mostly for the additional map. Ask for a supervisor, if necessary but don't cave in.

Hey thanks guys. I'll give them a call asap. And you are absolutely right about the map stuff actually. I was GOING to get the 720 but ended up with the 920 because of the Europe maps.

Thanks again for the great support. I'm hoping everything will work out because this is a great little device! I can take all my photos on it to show to relatives, bring mp3's, etc. I'm sure to have a great time during my trip!

I'll let you know how it works out!

EDIT:
Got off the phone with support and all they needed was a Proof Of Purchase. I sent them off my receipt and UPC and within an hour or so, during an "update check" the two maps became available to download!!! AWESOME!!! Thanks guys. They woman on the phone was really nice and I didn't have to fight with them at all AND I got BOTH "North America" and "West and Central Europe" as I expected. The only problem now is, I guess these won't fit on the internal 4GB memory. I I guess I'm going to go out sometime and splurge on a SanDisk ExtremeIII 8GB SDHC card. Good choice? Or waste of money when I could go with something cheaper like a SanDisk UltraII 8GB SDHC or a Kingston SDHC one?

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Ask a Question