add roads not on a map

I am a new tomtom go 720 owner and I am wondering is it possible to add new roads that are not on the map. I have moved into a new area and currently the roads near my house are not part of the maps. Is there a way i can add the roads to my house on my tomtom? if so is there and easy way to do this and or software to make edits?

Not as of yet. Hopefully they'll be able to do this in the future though. I'm not sure when the next map updates come out but your best bet is to see if your local roads are on those. Tele Altas is continuously updating their roads, but sometimes newer streets take time to show up on devices maps.

I have a feeling that the limitation on adding new road geometry is because they need tighter integration with Teleatlas. Once TomTom finishes the takeover of Teleatlas they can add or remove roads as needed. That's my theory anyway. Hopefully Garmin backs off and the deal will finally get done.

My question is how do you use that free 30 day map upgrade they are opening up a new highway this weekend and i just got my tomtom 720 and its not on there i tryed to use this code but it says they you dont need it no more

if so is there and easy way to do this and or software to make edits?

The easiest way to make edits is with the TomTom HOME software. Just click on "Operate my device" and then you can edit using a keyboard and mouse.

Also you can add "Mark location of map error" to your quick menu and whenever you encounter a map error you can just tap the screen and your TomTom will ask if you want to update error the next time you dock.

My question is how do you use that free 30 day map upgrade they are opening up a new highway this weekend and i just got my tomtom 720 and its not on there i tryed to use this code but it says they you dont need it no more

I received the same offer when I purchased my TomTom in October and was told by the website to update using TomTom HOME, which then told me there were no new maps available.

Since then TomTom released map version 7.210, which I was able to upload for free.

To check your map version, tap the time/signal strength box on the navigation screen. Your map version will be displayed in the lower right hand corner.

If the highway isn't listed on 7.210, you can wait for the next map, which you will most likely have to pay for if its been more then 30 days.

If you don't want to wait, you can go to your local retail store and try the other devices on display to see if one has a more updated map. If one does, you can try to exchange your 720, but you'll most likely be charged a restocking fee.

I received the same offer when I purchased my TomTom in October and was told by the website to update using TomTom HOME, which then told me there were no new maps available.

Since then TomTom released map version 7.210, which I was able to upload for free.

To check your map version, tap the time/signal strength box on the navigation screen. Your map version will be displayed in the lower right hand corner.

If the highway isn't listed on 7.210, you can wait for the next map, which you will most likely have to pay for if its been more then 30 days.

If you don't want to wait, you can go to your local retail store and try the other devices on display to see if one has a more updated map. If one does, you can try to exchange your 720, but you'll most likely be charged a restocking fee.

Thanks!!!!!

Gotta Luv Radio Shack No restocking Fee!!!!

Ask a Question