Add information when not on a route?

Is it possible to add information to the screen other than your speed when you don't have a destination planned?

It would be nice to see direction of travel, upcoming roads, etc etc. Is this possible?

the other only info u can have it showing the street names on the map by going to 'name preferences'. Also with the 'compass preferences' option I have the compass displaying the arrow showing my heading.

I'm considering getting a 920 but if I understand this correctly, I might have to re-think my decision. Are you saying that you can not have a map showing where you are going and what streets you are passing by and what is around you when you do not have a destination entered?

I do this quite frequently with my Garmin c340. I just like having my map on, without any destination, to learn streets and know what locations are around me as I'm driving.

You see the same map and street names..speed etc when not navigating as you do navigating. navigation adds turn directions, distance to next turn etc depending on your configuration.

You see the same map and street names..speed etc when not navigating as you do navigating. navigation adds turn directions, distance to next turn etc depending on your configuration.

That's good to hear and what I expected. I guess I just don't understand at all what the original poster was asking. I thought he was asking basically the same thing as me. At any rate, thanks for the info.

Ask a Question