A quick question

I'm still waiting on my TT1 to get here from Dell which I ordered a month ago. It should be here tomorrow. but anyways, even before i bought it I was thinking of opening the unit and connecting two wires from the speaker, to outside the unit and put a connector at the end of those lines and connect that to the auxilary input on my car stereo. That way i could listen to music/movies through the car speakers. Has anyone here done this before and does it work well?

I agree with DF. you will void the warranty, but it does sound like a good idea. I was reading something on the German forums that they are using a device similar. I'll look into it and report back

Not that familiar with the TTone but couldnt you use some sort of FM transmitter to achieve similar results?

Not that familiar with the TTone but couldnt you use some sort of FM transmitter to achieve similar results?

Yea, but, no fm tranmitter is made for the TT1. And an external fm transmitter needs 2 extra power cables and i would still have to open the device and possibly face some fm interference also. I think a solid wire would be the best way to go.

Hmmm so there is no headphone or aux output for it I take it....if that is the case then I suppose that your only way to go would be to open it up and risk voiding the warranty. Ratz!

Hmmm so there is no headphone or aux output for it I take it....if that is the case then I suppose that your only way to go would be to open it up and risk voiding the warranty. Ratz!

AWESOME! haha, you cracked the code for me, i didn't think of that. i'll make a cable that connects from the headphone port to the car stereo. :D I didn't know it had a headphone jack.

Last edited:
The ONE doesn't have a headphone jack.

it doesn't? i searched for "tomtom and headphone" and there are tons of pictures of ONE's with headphone jacks...that wierd..well i guess the older ones did...there goes my warranty :eek:

this was wirtten in august of '06... "The bottom of the ONE features all the connectivity and memory options, including an SD card slot, Mini-USB, reset button, and the power connection. Interestingly enough there is a headphone port. I suppose that might be useful if you are blasting music and want to be sure to hear the navigation instructions. Though I know of no one that drives with headphones on. Actually you could connect the headphone jack to some car stereos and have the navigation instructions piped into your car speakers."

I don't have my ONE any more so I can verify to check.
the only thing I saw the the plug for the external antena on the side, sd card slot, reset button & power plug on the bottom.

Ask a Question