A Question

TomTom Model(s)
TOMTOM ONE
Ok my Tom Tom 1 is going on a road trip.(My wife going away for business):p :rolleyes: My question is, that it wont be able to connect to a computer for about 3 weeks maybe 4, So i wont be able to update the quickfix that usally comes out on sunday's. I believe this is so it can find the satalites faster Just want to make sure it will still work but might take a lil longer to find them. Am i correct to assume this? :eek:

Ok first.... post a relevant subject line ;)

second. yep... It'll work, just take longer to find the Sats. I was actaully getting peived today that it was taking 2-3 minutes to find them...then I realized I haven't connected to HOME in a week or so... Connected tonight, got my QuickFix. I should be good to go tomorrow!

No access to any PC anywhere huh? unless you have it connected to a cell to download Plus services...

That is correct. I often do not connect my tt to the computer for a couple of weeks at a time. Sometimes three if I am traveling a lot without my laptop. Like battom said, it is just a wee bit slower I suppose but the only time I notice any major delay is when my tt is off and I have driven quite a distance. It then does seem to take extra time.

Yes it will work fine
Just think of the 1st time you purchase your unit.
My ONE found satellites within seconds.

If your mobile phone can get the wireless data connection you can download the quickfix right from the unit by going to the Plus Services icon and downloading it right from there. Works for me everytime I dont connect to a computer for a long time.

Connected lastnight, updated quickfix, no slow connections today! You'll be all set just slow to get sat positioning.

Ask a Question