A few POI related questions

A few questions about POIs on the TomTom ONE (not sure if the UI is different per product):

1) How can I see the telephone number associated with a POI easily?

The only way I could do it was to either edit my own POI or copy an existing POI into a custom POI and in the copying process I can see the telephone number (while in edit mode).

2) Is there any way to find more information on a POI that is currently being displayed as an icon on the map while navgiating?

I assume not as if you try to tap on the screen it takes you to the menu system.

3) Is there any way to see the full name of a POI when choosing to navigate to it without actually selecting it to navigate to?

When looking for a POI to navigate to if the name is too long it gets cut off in the selection list.. I find I have to actually select it as a POI to navigate to in order to see the full name.

4) What is the best way to find out which POI would take the least amount of time to get to when navigating to a destination?

For example: If I was going home from work and it's 50 miles away but I knew I wanted to go to CostCo on the way back it would be nice to know which CostCo would be the least hassle to get to along the route. I assume the 'POI along route' would do that for me but I see in the instructions that 'POI along route' just means 'Distance from your current location' so that would find the closest CostCo to me.. even if it takes me in the opposite direction from my ultimate destination of going home. In this scenario I would choose each CostCo on the list as a 'navigate to' item and try and use my best judgement on which is actually the best choice along my entire route.. but I don't think this method would work well in an unfamiliar area.

------

Despite these questions I am completely in love with my TomTom ONE. It has allowed me to be pretty spontaneous when travelling around locally and I am not sure how I travelled on vacation without it!

I am a bit sad that the POIs aren't categorized within a category like I *think* the Garmin Nuvis do (where you can choose a restaurant by cuisine) but I don't think I could live without the 'Avoid part of route' feature (I've read the Nuvi doesn't do this at all).

1) Go to your browse map. Select find poi and enter the category or name. The icon will be displayed on the map. click on the icon and it will give the additional information includes such as a phone#. Custom pois will give you the address and phone #.

2)No
3)Not that I know of.
4)No

1) What Pedro said
2) What Pedro said
3) Instead of 'tapping' on an item in the list, 'press and hold' instead, it will scroll.
4) 'POI along route' navigates you to a POI along your route. The items in the list that it presents indicate, with different icons, whether you actually have to detour or not. Any detours are the minimum possible.

Thanks for the tips guys! Will try out all of the suggestions.

I'm interested in the 'POI along route' as it seems it might take some testing to see if that one works nicely.. I'll take a look at those with the 'detour' icon to see if those are actually better or worse than the closest POIs.

Thanks!

Ask a Question