a few more annoyances.. (street names, poi's)

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910
Ok, number 1: It will sometimes show a side street name when far away, other times it will not show it until really close (almost past the street)

This usually happens when there are 2 others on the right, and the 3rd one on the right is coming up.. The 3rd will not display until on top of it..

Number 2: It will not show side side street names... :) I know, I am a little picky... But, is there a way to display the street names off of another street?

Number 3: I have a lot of POIs installed, but now some of my others are hidden (dunkin donuts are now hidden on the map, even though it is enabled and set to play a sound... I no longer see them on the screen)

Basically, I went POI crazy... But, I will probably be removing them, and remaking the categories for the ones that I have been to...

Does anyone know what I could do to resolve these issues for my TomTom 910?

Thanks,
Josh

Can't answer the street ones but if you have too many POIs, it won't show them all so carefully choose which ones you actually want displayed.

I actually had them in the folder, and when I saw my dunkin donuts not showing up, I hid the pois.. even after hiding them, they still did not show up..

I have removed all of the ones I do not use:-( and now it shows up fine...

Anyway to add ram to the 910?

Edit.. Wait a second, I may have deleted the poi I was talking about o_O

Or some of my dunkin donuts have become corrupted..

Thanks,
Josh

Last edited:
Ok, number 1: It will sometimes show a side street name when far away, other times it will not show it until really close (almost past the street)

This usually happens when there are 2 others on the right, and the 3rd one on the right is coming up.. The 3rd will not display until on top of it..

Try switch back and forth between 2D & 3D view. You might get more info with 2D view.

Zooming out doesnt do it, since I am zoomed out the the point before the streets disappear... And the 2d option also doesnt seem to work :-(

Sorry guys... Switching to 2d seems to resolve that issue..

But, I really like 3d, so currently there is no way in 3d mode?

Josh

Well I'd remove restaurants and gas station since they have the most count.

Add RAM? nope but you guys have waaay more RAM than we do on the ONE.

Sorry guys... Switching to 2d seems to resolve that issue..

But, I really like 3d, so currently there is no way in 3d mode?

Josh

I didn't like 2D view at first.
But I grew to love it. It's very useful when at a red light and want to look around to avoid traffic.

Ask a Question