930 screen won't turn on.

TomTom Model(s)
Go 930
So my Go930 shut off while driving the other day and would not turn back on. I did a reset with the button on the bottom and when I press the on button it makes the sound like its turning on but the screen remains black. The only thing I could think is that its placement on my windshield makes it to hot and something melted on the inside. Has anyone had this problem?

I have with my 930 also. Went through all the pin resets, turned off & on. Finally it came back on by itself. Don't think anything I did to try to get it going again worked. Oh, well...
Bill

Last edited:
Well it tries to turn on and the screen just flickers and never gets bright enough to use. I wonder if something is just loose in there.

Yeah I think so I was hoping somebody could help me here first but it looks like I am gonna have to send it in.

Yeah I think so I was hoping somebody could help me here first but it looks like I am gonna have to send it in.
Have you tried to operate it in Demo mode with HOME?
Grasping at straws sometimes does work even if it sounds silly on the surface.
Good luck.

Same thing...me too! 930T screen going bad.

I found out the news about the HORRIBLE warranty service of TomTom.

I've had the 930T for about 14 months...two months too long. The screen is going out, and after one hour of troubleshooting, nothing can be done...it is a $500 paperweight.

It makes a "drumming" sound when it's turned on, but I can't see the screen unless it is in a very dark room...the screen flickers but never gets very bright...I can BARELY see it enough to click on something such as "connect to a PC" so it can be controlled by PC...but, there is no fix from TomTom.

I will warn everyone about purchasing a TomTom product.

-spikeman

Before you dump it ,try a couple of things:

When you ARE able to connect to the computer, start Home:
-Move to brightness preferences and slide day time to 100%

Battery Savings Preference--Make sure you have Dim screen between instructions UNchecked.

Also, do a pin reset on the unit.

Before you dump it ,try a couple of things:

When you ARE able to connect to the computer, start Home:
-Move to brightness preferences and slide day time to 100%

Battery Savings Preference--Make sure you have Dim screen between instructions UNchecked.

Also, do a pin reset on the unit.

Where is pinreset button on Tomtom2 bluetooth that came with Fiat 500 bought in US?
There are 2 small squares on either side of place to plug in but nothing to reset.

@marymary
(Quite contrary?) Or to the contrary .. your model likely is reset by another method. Hold down your power button for about 20 seconds until you hear the drums start to play and immediately release.

Ask a Question