Touch screen acting up - 930

TomTom Model(s)
go 930
:blabla:hi everybody just moved to spain,looks like my tomtom 930 is playing up,the touch screen is not responding have tried reseting the device but still have the same problem,hope someone can help ?.:confused:

Welcome to TTF. I've renamed the thread title to make it more relevant and moved the post to an appropriate forum.

How exactly is the screen 'playing up'? Does the unit work when run through the emulator (Operate my device) in Home 2? Do you have a backup (hopefully Explorer, not Home) of your unit's contents?

hi dhn,
when I switch tt on, after drum roll,when i tap the screen it will not display menues,then it keeps switching on & off ,for some reason I cannot operate my tt in home,yes I did make a back up in explorer.

Since you do have a backup ........

Format the unit. Don't use quickformat.Restore the backup using Explorer. Does that help?

The symptoms you describe in the second post imply a software problem NOT anything physically wrong with the touchscreen.

Also, on a normal switch on, you should NOT hear the drum roll, that implies the unit is re-booting every time.

Try dhn's solution. It's part of the standard steps I suggest you try in order in this topic
Old style Tomtom Acting Up? - Part 1 - First Steps In System Recovery

If none of that cures it, you can move onto this topic:
Old style Tomtom Acting Up? - Part 2 - How To reinstall *fresh* Software using Home

touch screen of tomtom930

I Have the same problem as in this post and it was not possible to use the suggested procedures because it asks to connect to computer but because the touch screen does not wor it is impossble:eek: to connect to the computer. Any suggestion ?
Thanks in advance

I messed up with my cal.txt file and thought I was really toast. Like you, was unable to answer "Yes".

Connect your device to the PC with cable. Then, instead of using the power button to turn the unit on, try using the pin reset hole in the bottom of the unit. Hold it (gently) with a paper clip for a few seconds and release it. Then try starting up normally with the power button. The device should (I hope) directly connect to your PC without asking whether this is what you wish to do.

Ask a Question