825.21Map Update Issue

Any help on this one,

As indicated below I paid for the new NA map (825.21) and the map update service. I have loaded the new NA map and am using it without issue. However when I start my Tomtom home it indicates with a red dot in the right top corner that there are newer versions of maps available. and that I can get the update for 9.95 euro. When I click on the map update service link I am told that for 39.80 euro I can get 12 months of update service. I have already paid for this so why am I being asked to pay again. Anyone else have this problem. I'm from Canada so I'm not sure why my whole transaction was in euro.
Also using App. 8.302

thx
Talon

Quantity Item Item price Item total
1 Map Update Service - Noord-Amerika ? 39.80 ? 39.80
1 Upgrade naar nieuwste kaart (met ? 50% korting op originele kaart) ? 39.80 ? 39.80
TOTAL: ? 79.60

All the best,
The TomTom Team

red dot

originally before you purchased the update service the dot was green indicating that this service was available for purchase. After this purchase this dot turns red indicating that this service is not available. I know that it says below this dot something about this service for purchase which is kind of redicullous but as long as their is a red dot anything below that dot is not available. Kind of stupid but thats how it works, good luck

Any help on this one,

As indicated below I paid for the new NA map (825.21) and the map update service. I have loaded the new NA map and am using it without issue. However when I start my Tomtom home it indicates with a red dot in the right top corner that there are newer versions of maps available. and that I can get the update for 9.95 euro. When I click on the map update service link I am told that for 39.80 euro I can get 12 months of update service. I have already paid for this so why am I being asked to pay again. Anyone else have this problem. I'm from Canada so I'm not sure why my whole transaction was in euro.
Also using App. 8.302

thx
Talon

Quantity Item Item price Item total
1 Map Update Service - Noord-Amerika ? 39.80 ? 39.80
1 Upgrade naar nieuwste kaart (met ? 50% korting op originele kaart) ? 39.80 ? 39.80
TOTAL: ? 79.60

All the best,
The TomTom Team

Looks like you got the updated map, but you have to pay additional for the map UPDATE SERVICE...

That's my gut feeling...

Grumpy,
Thanks for the quick response. If you take another look you will see that I have paid for the update service.

Doctormstein 1 has responded with a positive answer, I hope he is correct.

thx again

There is a bug in the Home program such that even when you've subsribed to the map service or already moved up to 825, it still offers it in the tope box instead of the number of mapshares it should be showing.

Just remember to keep your confirming email and invoice that should have been sent to you for that time when indeed the next map is available.

I did the same thing! I just upgraded to a Go630 and got a map upgrade as well as the year of upgrades for 39 Euro. Now when I start home it is still asking me to upgrade to the 39 euro! I have my reciept so I guess I will see what happens!

Yes, and the new version of Home released 2 days ago didn't rectify the problem, not that I expected it would.

Ask a Question