740 live route problems

Can anyone help? Before I came on vacation I used the RouteConverter software to plan my own trip. I converted and added to my ITN file. It worked flawlessly. Now I try to plan my return to home route and discover RouteConverter has stopped working with GoogleMaps, There now has been RouteConverter 2.0 released. It appears to work, but here's the problem. Once I put it in the itinerary it appears fine. But when I let it load the route, then look at the details in text, it doesn't match the itinerary! It adds steps and turnarounds that I didn't add and unnamed roads. It also adds miles of course! Is there something to fix this problem? I want to follow my routes--with TomTom's help! AGAIN--it converts OK and apears OK in the itinerary--but when loaded and check details it does not match!!
Help:(

Try a different tool. TYRE works with Google maps to creare a route that is downloadable to your unit.

Get it here: TYRE

Can anyone help? Before I came on vacation I used the RouteConverter software to plan my own trip. I converted and added to my ITN file. It worked flawlessly.

Good :)

Now I try to plan my return to home route and discover RouteConverter has stopped working with GoogleMaps, There now has been RouteConverter 2.0 released. It appears to work,

It might have a been problem with Google or on your machine? You're actually the first that reports problems with Google and the 1.33 release.

but here's the problem. Once I put it in the itinerary it appears fine. But when I let it load the route, then look at the details in text, it doesn't match the itinerary! It adds steps and turnarounds that I didn't add and unnamed roads. It also adds miles of course! Is there something to fix this problem? I want to follow my routes--with TomTom's help! AGAIN--it converts OK and apears OK in the itinerary--but when loaded and check details it does not match!!

Can you give an example? There is always the potential for differences since Google Maps and TomTom devices might have different data and certainly have different routing algorithms.

Ask a Question