Can I save multiple routes in a 740live?

I have been a Garmin user for years. I was about to uograde my Garmin iQue 3600 to a nuvi 765T, only to find all units had been pulled off the shelves at Sam's because of a software problem. So I thought I give TT a try and bought a GO740Live, it was available and $20 cheaper.

So far I have enjoyed the TTGO740live. Only once it has failed to connect and show live information. (weather).

I do have a question. Can the 740 save multiple routes? I emailed customer support and there is no doubt the person responding has no clue. First reply they told me yes I can save multiple routes and send me a link on how to save favorites. I read all the links and nothing about saving a route. So I write again, and this time she sents me more inormation on saving favorites. What am I missing, can you save a route as a favorite so you can recall for later use?

Seems the unit is nice, menu is a little confusing, but after some studying time, it works. Customer support is a different story!

Has TomTom provided significant software upgrades as enhancements come available or do they make you spend more money an replace you unit.

Itinerary Planning

Can anyone help me with this. If you set up an itinerary with say 10 way ppoints and one destination, as you pass the way points the Go720 keeps telling me I have to turn around and go back to taht way point. to clear this message you've got to go through 10 steps to mark that way point as 'visited' so the TomTom proceeds to the next way point with correct arrvial times etc etc etc. Its not safe to have to divert your attention and hit the screen 10 different times to mark a way point as visited. Is there any way you can program a button in to come up on the screen when you are using the Itinerary function that when tapeed once, marks the previous way point as visited and the machine automatically goes to the next way point.
Have I missed semething here?? It so frustrating
Dave

Can anyone help me with this. If you set up an itinerary with say 10 way ppoints and one destination, as you pass the way points the Go720 keeps telling me I have to turn around and go back to taht way point.
Dave, when you create your itinerary you need to be very careful when positioning the waypoints, for example if you position one on the wrong side of a major road the TomTom will not consider you have driven past it until you are on that specific part of the road. For example the two carriageways of a highway, if your waypopint is on the oposite carriageway the device will not move to the next waypoint until you manually alter the device OR drive on that specific part of the road - This often occurs when people use "Reverse ITN" as all the waypoints will be on the wrong side of the road - Note this doesn't apply to smaller roads, it is only major Highways/ Motorways or other roads where the two carriageways are seperated by a barrier/ central reserve - Mike

And 48 waypoints. See this link for a site how to use a 3rd party application (TYRE) in conjunction with Google maps and TomTom.

Go here

>> Can an itinerary only have a start and end point?

Yep, why not.

Let's take an example :
If you want to go from A (Home) to C via B, just make an itinerary that has B as Waypoint and C as Destination.
Save it, load it when you need. This is faster than 'Travel Via'.

Ask a Question