iPhone Save MultiStop Trip

TomTom Model(s)
VIA
Hi,

I'm a courier with a set route. I'd like to use TomTom traffic because it can advise you to take a different route if beneficial.

I have an iPhone. Does the app allow you to save a multi-stop trip so I could reload it every day? Or do you have to add every stop again & again?

Also, I'd like to turn the navigation voice down or off but will I know if Traffic changes the route?

Thanks for looking.

What you need for multi-stop, is an "Itinerary" function. Older TomTom models had this, but, stupidly, TomTom removed it from newer models. I don't THINK the iPhone app has it, but if it does, then it should appear on the main menu.

Thanx for the reply.

Could the itinerary be saved & reloaded when needed. Maybe I can get an old model.

Do you know about the volume/traffic problem?

Thanx again.

On the models that support them, proper itineraries can be created on the unit itself or created on a PC (using several good third-party tools). If I remember correctly, they can have upto 64 steps or "waypoints"
They can be saved on the unit (can't remember exactly how many but it's several screens-worth), and they can also be bumped to and from the device onto a PC.

Afraid I've never had an iPod so I don't know anything about how TomTom works on there.

The iphone does have the same things as the itinerary function built in. When you set up your start and end points, it gives you the opportunity to enter additional points. I just set it up for an upcoming trip. I have all the points as favorites and when I'm ready I'll just select them in order.

The iphone does have the same things as the itinerary function built in. When you set up your start and end points, it gives you the opportunity to enter additional points.

That's not actually the same thing at all....

The "true" itinerary feature on older TomToms allows you to create a route consisting of upto 48 waypoints, and most importantly to SAVE that as a shareable file which can be loaded onto another device. The routes can also be created on a PC and SAVED to the TomTom.

The new models (and it seems the iPhone app.) just allow you to add three or four "via" points to the current route and have no way to save them for future use.

Ask a Question