740 LG VX9900 compatibility

Hi. I have the Go740Live GPS and a Verizon LG VX9900 cell phone. On most retail web sites, and also the TomTom product page it says the 740 and the VX9900 are compatible for hands free talking. However, the 740 will not find the cell phone, although it will find my girlfriend's Blackberry and even my bluetooth printer in the next room. I had the cell phone find the 740 and it said it had paired with it. However, it then says the device is out of range even though it's only 6 inches away. Being totally frustrated, I went back to TomTom's site and found another link for cell phone compatibility. This time, clicking on the LG VX9900 it does not show that phone being compatible with the 740. So there are two contradictory pages on the TomTom site concerning this issue. I've emailed Technical support for an explanation which I'm sure is unfortunately going to say they are not compatible. Besides being upset at being mislead, I thought i would try this forum and see if anyone else has encountered this issue between the 740 and the VX9900 and resolved it more successfully. At the very least, people with that particular cell phone should be forewarned about compatibility issues with the 740.

What error message are you getting when you attempt to pair to the LG? Are you sure the LG has discoverable mode on?

Found the problem

It was my phone after all. There must be a setting I need to change as this phone goes out of discovery mode in an extremely short time frame. I wasn't allowing enough time for the GPS to find it. Once I realized this quirk, I was able to set things up properly. Thanks for your input.

Ask a Question