740 Go Live Corrupted Map

I am having a weird problem. I backed up the map folder on my 740 Go live. I went to uninstall the map after the backup and the Map application is not showing up in the applications screen on Home.

Also, it is showing that the drive only has 282 MB left. So I can't put the backed up folder back on.

What can I delete out to recapture space? Or, better still, can I backup the remaining files, reformat the 740, and drop the backedup files back onto it?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Charles

HOME won't have a copy of your map unless you purchased it via HOME. It doesn't keep a copy of pre-installed maps.

Formatting is fine. Just make sure you do this kind of backup. It's better to just restore the map folder, and let HOME reinstall everything else.

MVL:

Thanks for the info. I am actually subscribed to the map updates for a year.

Ends up, late last night, I found a folder I had missed called .Trash. In it was a copy of the North American map. I deleted it and the Map Update feature of Home loaded a new copy.

My reason for doing it was that when I loaded the 8.35 map using Home 2.6, my traffic stopped working. When I reloaded using Home 2.7, everything went quite well.

Thanks for the information. Just so I know, if I reformat the TomTom (which I assume wipes everything out), will Home restore the entire unit with all features (assuming I have the map update service)?

Many thanks for the help,
Charles

Ask a Question