730 rebooting each net access attempt

Hey all. I've had my GO 730 for 3 days now, and I've run into an issue with net access on it. Any time I try to access the net on my 730, such as accessing weather services or trying to put in my TomTom account username and password, the unit freezes for 15 seconds and then reboots. The TomTom is paired with my Nokia E51 with Telstra, and repairing/redoing the connection hasn't helped. Rebooting either unit hasn't helped. Disabling incoming calls during wireless data access hasn't worked. Looking at my phone, it's not even trying to open a data connection now. During the freeze, the phone's bluetooth link to the GPS becomes disconnected, and then reconnects automatically upon the rebooting of the GPS (authorized device).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

If it helps at all:
App 8.351
Gps v1.20, Boot 5.5120
Map: Australia v815.2057

Regards,
Tim

Tried connecting to a brand new (un-updated) tomtom 730. E51 not on the list of phones, so had to use "other" phone in setup. No luck. Tried using an n85 with my tomtom, phone not supported. Running out of options here.

when you try paring a phone will be highlighted that may not be yours. Try paring using the phone that is first highlighted on this list. I did it with a raza because it was not listed and it works welll. Good luck

Just got off the phone with TT support. Pablo suggested that it's a known issue arising with the new software when paired with some network phones, in my case a Nokia e51 with Telstra. Pablo said the issue has been emailed internationally, and hopefully they'll be able to patch the problem soon.

He's also helping me out with my latest map guarantee, which I really appreciate.

Hopefully this will all be fixed up soon.

8.35x seemed to break a lot of functionality with Nokias.

Try app 8.302 here, it seemed to work better for many Nokia users.

Hello again. It's been a few months now, so just an update on the issues.

Pablo never helped me with the Map Guarantee. I waited another week and a bit for any correspondence back, then sent off another email with supporting evidence to Tom Tom and I finally got my updated map. So, rather happy for the fella that did the right thing by me.

I'm still able to pair the nokia e51 for handsfree calling, but messages are still not supported. Even though wireless data setup appears to be successful, it still doesn't work. In the preferences screen, clicking on Tom Tom Services, anytime I enter my username and password the unit freezes and reboots. Any part of the device that requires data access results in a freeze and reboot. I've paired the GO 730 with four different phones (e51, 6120, n85, n95), albeit all nokia, and each time I try to access a service or record my username and password the device will freeze for 10 seconds and then reboot.

I tried the other version of the app, but that hasn't helped either. Any other suggestions?

I've had no problems with 8.351 data with any of my Nokias. I've tried a 6263, an N95, and an N97.

Try a reinstall of the application. First backup per this link. Then close HOME and rename the My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\program folder to My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\programOLD. Then in HOME go to "remove items from device", and remove the application. Then go to "update my GO" and redownload/reinstall the application.

Also, go to "view items on my device" in HOME and make sure you have "phone connection settings" version 15 installed. If not, go to "add traffic, voices..." then "items on my computer", then add "phone connection settings".

Ask a Question