720 will not turn on

I just installed a new SD card into my 720. Did a restore of the TT system to the card through TT Home. Now it will not turn on at all. With SD card, without SD card, pushed the reset numerous times. Nothing - cannot power it on at all. Please help.

Shelley:confused:

I have to ask, are you sure you are using a paperclip or something in the PROPER reset hole on the bottom of the 720?

If so, try resetting WHILE pushing on the power button for about 10 seconds or so.

The hole I am putting the paperclip in says 'reset'. I had already tried the 'hold the power button' reset but did it again with no luck. When I put the TT in the cradle the green power light comes on but the PC does not see the TT.
So - no luck turning it on still, with both reset methods and in or out of cradle.

Shelley

After resetting 30 times or more (no exaggeration) my TT decided to start. Everything, like home etc was lost but it did turn on. It seems to be back to factory default settings. Now I am afraid to turn it off.
And wouldn't you know it - my warranty expires in 2 weeks.

Shelley

Well, that did not last long. Turned the 720 off and back on - everything good. Turned it off, put it in cradle, turned it on and got the 'do you want to connect to computer' answered yes and it turned itself off and will not come back on as of yet.

Shelley

turned off

after you say that you pressed do you want to connect to the computer it should connect in 15 seconds.. if it doesn't turn on to tom tom home.i would recommed removing tom tom home and reinstalling it. Does you tom tom still turn on to the maps?

Doctor,

The TT does not turn on at all, period, nothing, nada. Does not matter if it is in cradle or out, etc.

Ask a Question