720 giving wrong milage to turn

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 720
My 720 with the latest softwear and map has started telling me to turn in 9.6 miles when it is only 2.3 miles and is wrong on every anouncement of distance compared to what is in the bottom left corner which is the correct distance. What is up with this??

What you may be seeing is the indicator (example, 2.3 miles) to the next major exit on the route where there will be an announcement to 'keep left' but that, in fact it is 9.6 miles till YOU actually have to get off the road you are travelling on.

What you may be seeing is the indicator (example, 2.3 miles) to the next major exit on the route where there will be an announcement to 'keep left' but that, in fact it is 9.6 miles till YOU actually have to get off the road you are travelling on.

My 720 gives me turn instructions fine but distances to turn can be off quite a bit in spite of good satelite coverage

In one case it had be a block west travelling parallel to the street I was actually on.

So far I have not been able to use FM transmission ??
Pairing with phones not on TomTom list took a bit of work But Samsung SPH m300 & Sanyo pro200 work fine

My 720 gives me turn instructions fine but distances to turn can be off quite a bit in spite of good satelite coverage
15 minutes after a HOME gpsFIX and with full satellite strength, coming to a stop at a red light the computer voice announced 40 meters to a right turn. The display shows 200 m while stopped but then drops to 80 m.
Even though there are nine lanes at that spot, I would have been pas the intersection to make the turn by the distance shown. The 3D displayed correctly.

This ties in to previous reports, where others too said that the announcement camr too late.
Normally I wouldn't have taken the 930 but I was testing the remote this morning.

Ask a Question