720 no longer giving adequate warning for upcoming turns

My 720 used to give me an audio warning of an upcoming turn 2 miles before the turn when driving above a certain speed. I am no longer getting a 2 mile audio warning, and instead I'm getting a warning of an upcoming turn 0.5 miles before the turn.

Yesterday I took a trip where a majority of the driving was on a freeway. At speeds of 60-70 mph, a warning 0.5 miles before an exit is not enough time, and I found myself in a tight situation because of traffic on more than one occasion.

Anybody else have this problem, and does anybody know a fix? I suspect it has to do with the latest update, but I'm not positive. Any thoughts?

As far as I read, GPS data updates come once every second.
So at higher speeds there might be trouble with triggering of the voice prompts accurately than when travelling slower, since at higer speeds more distance would be covered than compared to low speeds.
But missing of prompts 2miles ahead is definitely weird.

My 720 used to give me an audio warning of an upcoming turn 2 miles before the turn when driving above a certain speed. I am no longer getting a 2 mile audio warning, and instead I'm getting a warning of an upcoming turn 0.5 miles before the turn.

Yesterday I took a trip where a majority of the driving was on a freeway. At speeds of 60-70 mph, a warning 0.5 miles before an exit is not enough time, and I found myself in a tight situation because of traffic on more than one occasion.

Anybody else have this problem, and does anybody know a fix? I suspect it has to do with the latest update, but I'm not positive. Any thoughts?

I had this problem and found it was in the speech Preferences. you must select a computer voice ( I have Susan USA Computer voice ) and then have the box unchecked that disables early warning instructions. ( second Page ) this worked for me.

I had this problem and found it was in the speech Preferences. you must select a computer voice ( I have Susan USA Computer voice ) and then have the box unchecked that disables early warning instructions. ( second Page ) this worked for me.

Thanks for that. I'll give it a try this afternoon and report back here!

Ask a Question