GO 720 reboot every time I turn it on

TomTom Model(s)
TT VIA 1605
My reliable 720 now reboots every time I turn it on. It has the latest firmware and maps. Any suggestion on how to resolve this? I have done multiple pin resets and have run the clear-flash utility. Thank you,

Did this start right after the updates?

Previously, the following helped. While connected to your PC, navigate to your North_America_2GB map folder and look for a file called mapsettings.cfg. This contains your recent destinations, favorites, etc. Copy that file to your PC's desktop and delete it from the unit. See if that stops the rebooting issue.

If that solves it, you're only out your favorites and recent destinations, and if you have a backup of your unit (something you really should have in any case), we can probably even recover those for you.

Thank you for the quick reply. I deleted the "mapsettings.cfg" file and then copied an older file back to the unit from a backup. Hopefully that would do it.

Keep us posted.

Ask a Question