720 sensitive to heat!

TT720 will not boot up after being in a hot car, even if covered with sun protector. After cooling down has to be reset to boot. This is most inconvenient when you get back and want to continue the journey. Returned to dealer who sent away and it came back - no fault found! HELP! As we live in a tropical climate in Northern Australia it is always hot!

Well, I surely wouldn't leave it on the dash of your car - with or without sun protector. Why not just take the unit with you? It's safer that way againts theft too.

Whatever electronics are made to operate within certain temperatures and remember TT states what the temperatures are min/max. If you try to operate it outside those, you can't expect it to operate normally. Here in winter temperature can go down around -40 and I don't expect my TT to function at those temps. Even the CD player can't function. There are military use gps that can function at larger temperature extremes but those are not consumer gps. As the previous poster mentions you also run the risk of having it stolen and having your car damaged in the stealing process... I don't leave my TT in the car even if my area is not prone to theft.

Ask a Question