720 not connecting to PC

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I've tried all the different methods out there for trying to fix my 720. So when I turn it on i get the tomtom logo and then the green screen with the 720 on it and the blue 'disk spinning/working' icon in the corner. When I try to connect to my computer I get the same picture except there is the red X through the 720. The only way to turn it off is to reset. I have done the soft and hard reset and neither has helped. So I cant use home to restore and I cant go through windows explorer to manually delete files. Any one have any experience with this problem? Thanks for the help!

I've tried all the different methods out there for trying to fix my 720. So when I turn it on i get the tomtom logo and then the green screen with the 720 on it and the blue 'disk spinning/working' icon in the corner. When I try to connect to my computer I get the same picture except there is the red X through the 720. The only way to turn it off is to reset. I have done the soft and hard reset and neither has helped. So I cant use home to restore and I cant go through windows explorer to manually delete files. Any one have any experience with this problem? Thanks for the help!

When you do connect to the computer, does Windows recognize a new external storage has been connected? In other words, do you hear the clunk and see the new icon in the notification area? If so, can you use Explorer to see the contents of the unit? If so, do you have a backup (hopefully with Explorer, not Home). You can try a restore that way.

The key thing is if Windows sees the unit, as I said. If it doesn't, try connecting the docking station to another usb port, preferably in the back of the machine.

It pops up as an external drive. I hear the clunk noise. But when I click on the hard drive or right click and put explore my computer just freezes up. Ive used all the usb ports on my computer with no change.

Ask a Question