Connecting my Blackberry bold to my Tomtom 720

Hi

I have a Tomtom 720 and up until a couple of days ago i could use all the traffic and data services with my Bold. Now it will not work properly and i get a very up and down bluetooth connection for handfree calling. Anyone suggest anything i can ttry to get this back as I dont want to have to change phones every time i use my Tomtom

Regards

Do you have eny other bluetooth devices that may be knocking the connection off?

TT servers are up and down a lot, but they would not knock off you bluetooth connection - only fail to connect for data services.

No other bluetooth connection

Hi

I dont have any other bluetooth itmes trying to connect. When i try and connect up to the servers the bluetooth goes on and off and is not a consistant connection. all worked ok till last wednesday. when my tomtom shut off and then came back on. Dont know what else to do.

I have upgraded the os on my blackberry as a new release was sent out yesterday.

I forgot to ask - had you done a pin reset on the tomTom - sometimes this clears up issues.

What Blackberry and what OS did you have and now which one do you have installed? In my case, I have gone from 4.3 to two version of 4.5 with no issues connecting to my TomTom.

Note - when you update the BB OS, if you have set up an APN address before to get connected, it does not seem to be carried over and you have to manually do it again (although that would not affect hands-free).

Bold and tomtom 720 problems

Hi

I have a blackberry 9000 bold and it was on build v4.6.0.217 now im on build v4.6.0.221. I think when i first got the tomtom working on the the bold it was on v4.6.0.167. I have deleted the tomtom off the phone and the phone off the tomtom. Reset the tomtom and rest to factory settings. When i checked the tcp/ip settings on my blackberry there is nothing there but i have never had this set up and when first connecting my bold it connected no problem.

Hope that gives you a bit more info

Regards

Additions to last reply

Hi have just spoken to O2 and got the apn settings but still no joy. I am going to try my old phone and see if that all works ok later and confirm if it is the tomtom is buggered or not. I really dont know what else todo except changing my os back and seeing if that works. Any other ideas.

No ideas right now - except to see what happens when you try your other phone again with the TomTom. If it works, then you will have isolated the problem to the Blackberry.

Again, I have done several updates on my Blackberry OS and it never affected the data connections.

I have it working again But!!!!

Hi

Update i went onto the o2 website and downloaded os v4.6.0.162 and wiped the phone off the tomtom and vice versa. It now conntects via modem mode what ever that is and works fine. I am now worried about upgrading my soft ware. It did work on v.4.6.0.217 until a week ago. then got an update email from Blackberry to say they have release v4.6.0.224 and i had issues with white screening. So i think i either bite the bullet and leave my o.s as .162 or change to a Garmin

Regards

Ask a Question