Connecting a 8800 and a TT Go720

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I have finally got the two items to work as expected. Hands free phone use with the address book up loaded to the 8800.
I am now also receiving traffic updates using the TT services.
My unit carrier is AT&T/Cingular. When setting up select the BB 8100 and then select the Cingular Wireless (media) not the AT&T.

I also suggest setting up the bluetooth and phone first then set up the traffic.
In the BB be sure to turn off your firewall and go to settings>options>bluetooth>menu>options and make sure that the bluetooth option Discoverable is set to "yes" then menu and save.

If the phone does not setup as you expect, in the TT's menu select phone and delete the BB8800 and start over.

Hope this helps someone else.

(e-mail address removed)

I have finally got the two items to work as expected. Hands free phone use with the address book up loaded to the 8800.
I am now also receiving traffic updates using the TT services.
My unit carrier is AT&T/Cingular. When setting up select the BB 8100 and then select the Cingular Wireless (media) not the AT&T.

I also suggest setting up the bluetooth and phone first then set up the traffic.
In the BB be sure to turn off your firewall and go to settings>options>bluetooth>menu>options and make sure that the bluetooth option Discoverable is set to "yes" then menu and save.

If the phone does not setup as you expect, in the TT's menu select phone and delete the BB8800 and start over.

Hope this helps someone else.

(e-mail address removed)
I have done that with my Blackberry Curve 8300 from Rogers Wireless, and only got Hands-free Calling working. However GPRS/EDGE services doesn't seem to transfer over, I even tried manually entering the information (I used to be a Data rep).

*shrugs*

--Phil

I have done that with my Blackberry Curve 8300 from Rogers Wireless, and only got Hands-free Calling working. However GPRS/EDGE services doesn't seem to transfer over, I even tried manually entering the information (I used to be a Data rep).

*shrugs*

--Phil

Since you were a data rep I probably can't help you. I only know that It would not connect to anything with AT&T but would using Cingular (media). I am using the Edge service also on the 8800. So I would think it will work.
I would be happy to post my various settings if that would help.

Last edited:
Thanks

Hey guys i have the 8320 and i have tried all different settings such as--
wap.voicestream.com
internet2,voicestream.com
http://wap.voicestream.com
nothing seems to work for me here, i am on tmo and i got them to pair yhey see each other but that it. during set up where it ask number to dial (ie) *9#1 i can put an actual 7 digit phone number there and my 910 actually dails that number. so i am sure i am a few steps away from success, so please any advise would be helpfull also please post your respective setings. thanks

Hey guys i have the 8320 and i have tried all different settings such as--
wap.voicestream.com
internet2,voicestream.com
http://wap.voicestream.com
nothing seems to work for me here, i am on tmo and i got them to pair yhey see each other but that it. during set up where it ask number to dial (ie) *9#1 i can put an actual 7 digit phone number there and my 910 actually dails that number. so i am sure i am a few steps away from success, so please any advise would be helpfull also please post your respective setings. thanks

I would suggest putting all BB data back like it was. Then try to connect and when the TT asked you for the system you are on try different ones that relate. For instance in my case I am with AT&T but that is also Cingular so I could not connect with AT&T I had to select Cingular (media). I did not have to put any phone numbers in either. I believe if you BB can go on the internet without any problems the TT will copy the information it requires with out manually changing it.
Here are few items as they are set in my BB 8800.

Settins>options>bluetooth>TomTom GO 720>device properties
Trusted Yes
Encryption Enables
Echo control Automatic

Services
handsfree
headset audio gateway
object Push
Now go to
Security>options>general settings
content compression enabled
content protection disables
strength strong
Now to firewall
firewall disabled
Now back to options>advanced options>TCP
APN wap.cingular
username for APN (e-mail address removed)
password for APN******************

HTH
Larryb

re: Connecting an 8800 and a TT Go720 - Thank you!

Larryb227, I used your suggestion and was finally able to connect both TT service and hands free phone with my 8800 (AT&T service). I did get it to work without setting the firewall off. Since this is a company phone I'm not allowed to touch the firewall setting and am glad it still worked.

Thanks again, you saved me countless hours of trying different combinations to get this to work!

Last edited:
Larryb227, I used your suggestion and was finally able to connect both TT service and hands free phone with my 8800 (AT&T service). I did get it to work without setting the firewall off. Since this is a company phone I'm not allowed to touch the firewall setting and am glad it still worked.

Thanks again, you saved me countless hours of trying different combinations to get this to work!

Are you on BIS or BES. If you are on BIS there is hope for me yet...but as far as I know, the BIS does not go thru the wap server and therefore will not work...as far as I have heard although I have heard that the os 4.3 works (whenever that comes out)

please let me know

rob

Ask a Question