720 Issues/Questions - Any Ideas?

2) It's nice to see the auto turn off feature on external power loss, but is there a way to have the unit auto turn on when power is restored? (once again, garmins have this)

I concur! I came from a Nuvi 660 and the auto-on feature was great. I leave the device in my car (mounted near the radio, not window) when I'm at work or in the garage so I would really like it to turn on automatically. Mostly because part of the convenience of the BT hands-free is that I don't have to turn it on and mess with it - just get in the car and start it and calls come through the stereo. I've considered wiring up some device that would trigger the 720s power button when I start the car, but that would void my warranty. :(

ausgezeichnet7, yes, I also thought of wiring up a switch to turn on the 720 when car power is on, and it would be pretty easy to do, but void the warranty...

I gave up my 720 now anyways :)

5) Does anyone else have "buzzing" in the line out when the external DC power is connected?

Thanks!!

Generally if you have a buzz in the output when using the DC power supply it will be caused by a small ripple on the power supply when connected. You won't see it if not connected. (with an oscilloscope)
The only way to fix it would be to use a better quality dc power supply usually one with a higher current rate at the same voltage.
HTH
Larryb227

You need to create a text file with notepad called "support_asr.dat" and just put 1 in the file. Then copy it to the ASR directory on your TomTom internal drive. It will enable the icon to allow you to input address. However, you need the new firmware 7.221 and have the North_America map v7.10 to be able to input City and street through voice.

Ask a Question