720 freezes on start up

Hello huys newbie here .. This is not my 1st tomtom i have had .. Now i i whent to plug it in on my computer and docking station and it would not start so i let it chatge for a few hours and had to do the reset on it . Now when it starts it freezes on me and for me to turn off i have to press the rest button ??? . I cant do anything at all with cause my computer does recoginize it but just cant do anything beacuse it has frozen also tomtom home will not see it aswell..

Last edited:
No it dont help lol cheers any way .. Once i get a hold of tomtom over here in the uk will send it to them to get fixed or i just bin it and get a garmin ...

tomtom application

you really have to delete the application from tom tom home then disconnect your device and the reconnect it with the computer again. It should work with this redownload

I have the same problem with my 520. It will not start further than the picture of the unit and the "hard drive" symbol in the right lower corner. Nothing more happens. With USB-cable I get a red cross over the picture of the unit. HOME does not recognize that a unit is connected. It does show up on the C: drive. Any attempt to access the drive of the unit results in a "freeze up", needing a Ctrl.Alt.Del to close down the attempt. Same result when I "right click" it.
After it is turned on it cannot be turned off again with the ON/OFF button but only using the RESET button.

Help would be much appreciated. Thank you..

Ask a Question