7.1 maps downgraded to 6.75??

710 maps downgraded to 675??

I bought my One XL last month. It came with the US/Canada 675 maps. I upgraded to the latest 710 maps with no problem. Also updated the Tomtom app to the latest version as well. Been using them all month. I use the latest Tomtom HOME 2.1 for Windows.

Then today, I connect it to the PC to check for Mapshare updates, which I check for regularly. It shows an update to the ONE app, but I noticed it was an older version than what I was already running. So, I disconnect the XL to just verify my versions. The maps now say they are version 675.1409 again, even though I haven't touched the maps. My Tomtom app, however, was still the latest version.

Now when I try to check for updates, it will not show the 710 maps for download, though the latest TomTom app now shows up as an available download...even though I already have it installed!

Umm, what could I have done to lose my 710 maps? I backed up the maps before I did my last update, but I just want to know if this is a normal problem. If so, I may consider returning this to the store. If the XL is going to be that flakey, I don't want it.

Last edited:

Ask a Question