630 With SD Card

sab

TomTom Model(s)
540M XXL
I'm thinking of maybe buying a Go 630 as a second unti and was wondering if adding a 2G SD card expands the memory to 4G total or is it like my current XL where it will only run off the 2G card?

Thanks in advance.

The 630 already has 2GB of internal memory. Any SD card you add is on top of that.

And I would add that you should go for a 4-gig sdhc card. Then you have room for the map and much flexibility for other stuff both on internal and the card.

I've been looking around and now I'm torn between the 630 and the XXL 540M. I don't really care for the bluetooth and the lifetime map updates is very tempting.

Is there a catch to those lifetime updates? I wonder if after a few years they pull the plug on that.

What unti would some of you prefer out of the two?

Let me ask you this.......

Where would you get a 540M in Canada? The 'T', the 'M' and the 'TM' options are not available here.

Ordered the XXL 540M from dell.ca.

Supose to receive it today. I'll post my thoughts on it after trying it for a few days.

Make an Explorer backup first thing out of the box............

You'll find it slow to do so since the 540 is only usb 1.1 compliant, not 2.0. But do it anyway, to play safe.

Will do and thanks again.

Do I have to open a new account (new email address) for this unti or can I have 2 units under one account?

New unit = new account. The email address you use doesn't even have to be a real one, just in the proper format of (e-mail address removed) or the like.

Ask a Question