630 Battery charge state question

Sorry if this has been posted, I looked and couldn't find.

New to using the GO 630 4.3 (no dock) and wondered if there is a way to tell the current charge state (ie getting low), and how to know when it has completed charge when using computer connection to charge.

Couldn't find anything in the 630's menus, nor in TomTom Home app.

Thank you for any assistance.

Welcome to TTF.

If the unit is relatively new, connecting to the computer for a couple of hours should bring it to a full charge.

Problem with the latest app for the unit, though (8.351) is that as soon as you disconnect from the computer, turn the unit on and tap the satellite bars, the battery icon you'll see at the top of the next screen will not show a complete charge.

Welcome to TTF.

If the unit is relatively new, connecting to the computer for a couple of hours should bring it to a full charge.

Problem with the latest app for the unit, though (8.351) is that as soon as you disconnect from the computer, turn the unit on and tap the satellite bars, the battery icon you'll see at the top of the next screen will not show a complete charge.

Cool, thanks for the reply. I was hoping for a % charge reading somewhere, but will have to use the indicator, I guess. And I also noticed that the indicator never seems to show a full charge, strange.

If you press the reset button on the base of the device then press and hold the power on button after about ten seconds a black screen with white text on it will appear, one of the entries is Battery Charge status which is in % Although this isn't an easy way to see the charge state, it is the most accurate - Mike

Ask a Question