540 S WTE memory 1 GB ??

TomTom Model(s)
XL 350 2G TTS
Hi,
Can you tell me why the 540 S WTE have 1 Gb memory and can handle the Noth America maps and Western and central Europe map.

If you want to buy Western Europe maps , they write the TomTom need 1.7 Gb memory.
Same thing if you want to buy North America maps, you need 1.7 Gb

This mean your TomTom must have 3.4 Gb memory !!!

Is the maps on the 540 S WTE are incomplete version of the maps sold in the TomTom Store ??

I hope you have an answer for me,

Excuse my english, i'm french speaking,

Louis

The 540 WTE model comes with 4 gigs of storage. Other 540 models come with 2 gigs.

Initially, the 540 WTE will come with a North_America AND a Western_and_Central Europe map. But, when you try to update the Western_and Central_Europe map, it won't fit and you'll be offered Europe in Zones whereby a European zone is downloaded to your computer and then installed.

There is a method to switch European zones on your unit but it relies on the existing zone being removed from the unit first.

Thank's for reply dhn, but on TomTom.com, if you look at product specification for the 540 WTE Serie they realy write 1Gb internal memory !!!

If we can't have the right informations on TomTom.com about their product i'l be afrais to buy another TomTom.

I agree the faulty information is there. Trust me, it IS 4 gigs internal storage. I have such a device.

Unfortunately, there is lots of incorrect information in the various screens on tomtom's site. :(

Ask a Question